Choose Your Game Provider
Everything You Need to Know About Casino Software
Casino software companies are brimming with talent, because they must envision, design, animate, calculate, and code a game from start to finish as well as manage the larger platform where all the games run. It’s no easy task as players are always demanding new and exciting online slots and they must run without a glitch. A stutter or fault in casino software can spell the end of the day from a software studio in the eyes of players and casinos.
Casinos pick which software they choose to stock, sometimes they will offer multiple options, which is one of the signs of a great casino, but also one with a lot of purchasing power. For smaller casinos, they may offer a more limited stock of software, or in some cases opt to use only one, stocking their whole portfolio of games. This is why it is a good idea to have an idea of what each software offers and their style as it will help you to pick the right slots casino for you.
Don’t worry if you are inexperienced, you can use the SlotsBot software guides and free play games to get used to the different casino software companies! Through experience, you’ll quickly learn that different casino software tends to have a distinctive style, niches specialities, language availability and importantly different payouts, some of which will suit you better than others as a player.
Download Casino Software vs Instant Play Software
When it comes to casino software you can choose to play via your internet browser (no download casino software, which runs via Flash, Adobe or HTLM 5) or via downloaded casino software on your computer. Download casino software means to literally download the casino program onto your computer and whilst it has many advantages such as offering a larger range of the casino’s games, it is becoming far less common nowadays. This is due to the drive towards cross-platform games, those that work in browser on both desktop and mobile devices, letting you play great slots wherever you go. When you use downloaded casino software you’ll only be able to play from the computer that you have downloaded the casino software on, which many feel is impractical nowadays as more than 40% of casino players as choosing to play from mobile devices. For this reason, we are going to concentrate predominately on no download casino software for the rest of this article.
Who Makes Casino Software?
It’s a crowded software market, but there are an eminent few who are celebrated as the most used and reputed casino software companies. Let’s take a quick look at those who are crowned the Kings of gaming software:
- Microgaming: Founded in 1994, in South Africa, Microgaming, have a suite of over 850 games and the most played progressive jackpot slot of all time, Mega Moolah. Available in 24 languages Microgaming have all the bases covered and are well known to be one of the best casino software companies.
- NetEnt: Are a Scandinavian company, formed in 1996 that supply software for hundreds of online casinos. Their graphics are advanced, they have a huge range of mind-blowing slots which are available in over 20 languages. Innovation is the name of the game with NetEnt and they are constantly advancing slot technology.
- NYX: Started in 2006, NYX, has worked hard for a reputation as the fastest growing casino software developer in the world. Their slots are graphically rich, creative and have some really high limits, however, their casino games range is limited, but you’ll be wowed by the graphics quality with NYX.
- RTG: Real Time Gaming was born in the USA before the turn of the millennium, RTG has one of the biggest gaming suites on the market (as in thousands of games) and dominate casinos worldwide with a classic collection of games and jackpot slots.
- iSoftbet: Available in multiple languages, iSoftbet have more than 400 games on offer and are considered at the vanguard of gaming innovation. They launched in only 2010, are based in London, offering unique, tailor-made gaming options for casinos.
- Playn’GO: Swedish and founded in 1997, Playn’GO, create mostly slots and are gaming experts. They have 80+ games in 30+ languages. They are known for their easy navigation and user-friendly interface that has opened up the world of iGaming to players everywhere.
- WMS: Astoundingly, WMS was founded in 1943 and is loved for their Vegas-style slots. They are champions of online and land-based casino gaming. WMS invented tilt technology, Mortal Combat, NBA Jam!
- Endorphina: launched in 2012, Endorphina specialise in Bitcoin as well as real currency casinos. They’ve carved themselves a space in the iGaming industry and whilst their slots suite is small, it’s unmissable due to high payouts.
- Yggdrasil: A breakaway fraction from NetEnt, Yggdrasil, was formed in 2013, by ex NetEnt CEO. Their slots are simply stunning, almost ethereal, and cannot be missed. You’ll find jackpots, up to 4,096 ways to win and cinematic quality from Yggdrasil.
- Betsoft: Beginning in 2006, Betsoft are well-known for their stunning 3D slots, but they also stock a healthy range of table games and video poker. They are committed to excellence and are licensed by numerous jurisdictions in the Americas and Europe.
- Playson: Formed in 2012, Playson are a Maltese start-up and slots are their main product, with around 40 different titles currently available. Their games design is beautiful, and whilst they are less well-known than some of the big names, the quality of their creations is earning them a first-class reputation.
- Novomatic: Started in 1980, predating online gambling, and are one of the top players in the European gambling industry. They began in Austria and incredibly had expanded into many other European countries by 1981, now present in more than 43 countries and with a portfolio of over 90 online slots, Novomatic, are a sound gaming choice.
- Playtech: Unstoppable since their launch in 1994, Playtech, has more than 600 games to offer. With stunning graphics and attention to details, they provide slots, casino games, sportsbook, bingo, scratch cards and more!
Check out our full-length reviews of each casino software to get the full down-low and find out exactly why these guys are considered the best of the bunch for slots software.
Which Casino Software Should I Use?
Each type of casino software has something to offer and it is totally up to you which you prefer. You will also have to find an online casino that you want to be a member of that uses your preferred software. Because your software choice will ultimately come down to personal preferences it’s hard to single out one type of casino software that beats the rest, however, you can look out for the following:
- Graphics and Audio: First impressions count and how a slot looks and sounds are pivotal for players. It can be the clinching factor in which casino software company you prefer. Find your style through our free play slots.
- The Range of Games: A great range of slots is obviously a must and this includes 3-5 reels, a range of paylines, jackpots, progressives, video and classic options, but on top of this take a look at the table games, live casino, bingo and other options on offer. Variety makes for great gaming and you never know when you will want to branch out, so make sure you choose a type of casino software that allows you to do so.
- Cross-compatibility: Can you play all the games via mobile and desktop. Good games are important, but with almost half of all players currently playing on their phones, cross-compatibility is key for casino software.
- Languages: Does the casino software operate in the language you speak? Players who know what they are doing win more, so make sure you can play in the preferred language. It’s normal for casino software to offering a range of languages, so if you pick one that doesn’t, try one of our recommended software providers instead!
- Rate of RTP: Casino software companies are in stiff competition with each other and whilst the rate of Return to Player (RTP) is set differently for each slot, you will notice that each software company has a range they like to stick within and one may be slightly higher than the other so keep an eye on the average RTP of your favourite casino software.
How Can I trust Casino Software?
All casino software studios must be in possession of a software licence from a government accredited body, such as the UK Gambling Commission, Alderney Gambling Control Commission or Malta Gaming Authority. This licensing ensures that players are safe when they play online and that the games are fair using a random number generator (RNG), giving a true RTP to that which they advertise. Along with software licensing you should also keep an eye out for the eCOGRA logo on casino sites. ECOGRA is the stamp of approval on any game and was founded by casino software companies, they are the international regulation authority, concentrating on fair gaming, player protection and responsible operator conduct.
The Slotsbot Casino Software Seal of Approval
When you choose to play at an online casino that comes with the Slotsbot.com seal of approval, you’ll be opting for genuinely better gaming. You won’t need to worry whether you are in safe hands or about the software the casino uses, we’ve already vetted it all for you, but don’t forget, experimenting with different slots and casino software is half the fun so start commanding your gaming experience and try out free to play slots now!